Serves: Makes one big container
2 cups of gluten-free oats
1 cup of buckwheat groats
1 cup of sunflower seeds
½ cup of pumpkin seeds
¼ cup Chia seeds
½ Cup Coconut Flakes
1 ½ Cup mixed Raw nuts – I love almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and walnuts
4 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 ½ - 2 inch piece of ginger
2 tbsp nut butter
1/3 cup or Rice Malt Syrup or Raw Honey
Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
4 tbsp of raw cacao powder – Optional – If you like that chocolaty taste this is defiantly for you!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Place the nuts into your food processer and quickly blitz to roughly chop (I love to keep the chopped pieces quite large for that extra crunch!)
- Place the chopped nuts into a large mixing bowl and add all other dry ingredients mixing well to combine – oats, buckwheat, seeds, coconut, cinnamon and salt
- In a saucepan over a low heat gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and honey/rice malt syrup together
- Peel and grate the ginger and mix into the wet mixture.
- Add the cacao powder (if using) to the wet mixture and combine well
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and mix well making sure everything is coated
- Transfer the mixture into a large baking tray lined with grease-proof paper or greased with coconut oil. Be sure to spread the mixture out evenly
- Bake for 35-40 mins, turning the mixture halfway. Bake until the granola is golden and crispy!
- Allow for the granola to cool before placing it in an airtight container and store for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with your favourite nut milk, a scoop of coconut yoghurt, fresh fruit and your favourite superfoods – goji berries, flax seeds, bee pollen….whatever you fancy! Mix it up daily.